Stoptober- Day One

October is Stoptober in the UK, the NHS’s stop smoking campaign. Which sees people encouraged to go smoke free for 28 days. Last year 160,000 people completed the challenge. This year has already seen 202,845 people sign up. To support everyone who is taking part in Stoptober and anyone else who may wish to quit smoking HealthWealthLove.com will be posting a Stoptober post every day of the challenge. 
 

Day one: Stop smoking with hypnotherapy

 

According to clinical hypnotherapist, Stuart Taylor, only 10% of smoking addiction is physical, the other 90% is mental. Most of the battle for people wishing to stop smoking is overcoming the beliefs and behaviours that exist in your subconscious mind.

Hypnotherapy is a fast becoming one of the most popular ways to quit smoking.

Hypnotherapy is a natural and effective way of changing unwanted behaviour and breaking your subconscious’ belief patterns. Whilst clinical issues such as phobias or depression require multiple hypnotherapy sessions to break the unwanted compulsion, smoking cessation can be completed with one session.

Can hypnotherapy really make me stop smoking?

If you really want to quit than hypnotherapy can help you break your smoking routine, and make you see cigarettes differently.

However, if you are quitting because you think you should, or you are being pressure to by someone, rather than a true desire to quit, than hypnotherapy may not be as effective.

Ensure that you see a qualified and certified hypnotherapist. Hypnotherapy Directory lists certified, insured and qualified hypnotherapists in the UK, and can help you find one in your area. In the US, The American Society of Clinical Hypnosis can help you find a certified clinical hypnotherapist.

Most hypnotherapist offer a free consultation or chat before you undertake a hypnosis session, where they will explain the treatment and discuss any concerns you have.

How much does hypnotherapy cost?

On average a 2 hour stop smoking hypnotherapy session costs £100 in the UK. Whilst this seems a lot remember a packet of 20 cigarettes on average costs £5.20 if you smoke a packet a day over a 28 day period (the length of the Stoptober campaign) you would have spent £145.00. So even with a hypnotherapy session you would still have a saving of £45.00 by the end of Stoptober.

 

Tags

About the author

Selina Cuff

Selina Cuff is Editor at HealthWealthLove.com. She is also a freelance journalist, researcher and producer. Selina has contributed to publications including The Sunday Times, Global Post and The Independent. As well as working on various films and documentaries. Keenly interested in health and wellbeing, Selina is an advocate of alternative and complimentary medicines. She is often to be found covered in acupuncture needles, cycling up hills, or feeding people with homemade cakes.